Summary: The aliens are returning… well they’re demons now, but that’s beside the point. The magic that held them apart from the world for 10,000 years is deteriorating and the time/dimension jumping demons are starting to make their presence known and Level 8 is going to fix it.
Level 8 is the fairy’s version of MI6 and Foaly is their new ‘Quartermaster.’ Recruiting Holly Short, Mulch Diggums, and Artemis Fowl to help, they’re in a race against time itself to save the world.
Why I Started This Book:
By this point it should be pretty obvious that I like the Artemis Fowl series and listening to Nathaniel Parker. I got this audio book from the library and listened to it instead of radio while working. My likes and dislikes are going to include some biggish spoilers so beware.
- Artemis gets fairy magic in this book. Now he’s like Superhuman and it’s pretty cool when and how he got it in the time travel tunnel.
- I’m a huge fan of Artemis/Holly as a potential love interest so when the time and dimensional travel ended and they each had one eye switched with out with the other I was going “Woohoo!”
- Nathaniel’s voice for #1 the mage imp is very well done. He comes across like a kid but he isn’t squeaky or weird sounding.
- Minerva, who is the young female version of Artemis. I can’t really explain why I dislike her. Maybe it’s because she represents potential trouble to my hoped for Arty/Holly pairing. Maybe it’s because she’s so cold or maybe because I don’t like thinking that a 12 year old girl can be that creepy. I was not a fan of her.
- It’s amazing how many different things were going on in this book. It’s not really a bad thing, just some of it is hard to follow when listening. You really have to pay attention in this one and perhaps even skip back a track or two to listen again.